Saturday, February 13, 2010

Autobiographical comic

I found out while making this one that pens don't really work that well with the paper i write on. This accounts for half the comic being in pencil the other half being in pen. The process of coming up with what to put in and what to leave out was excruciating. Some aspects of my life that are interesting needed to be left out for one one reason or another. Often times being too personal or not fitting in with the overall narrative. What I think came out of this was a sort of bland snapshot of who I am I simply shot myself in the foot by trying to cover my whole life rather then a specific time or event in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Pffff I liked your comic Dion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed.

    Also, doesn't that stink when you have everything worked out and then you find out your pens don't work well with your paper? Or something similar? These kind of little setbacks are the things that often get erased when people talk about composing. Personally, I am interested in putting these material considerations back into writing about writing.

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete